Saturday, January 15, 2011

in love with a cot

For my three previous trips to the farm, I used an air mattress.  Cheap, easy, done. 

But I kind of hate sitting there waiting for it to inflate.  And often having to reinflate it at some point over the weekend.  And being so close to the ground so there's no real seat inside the tent.  And not being that stable.

Last year I needed to get something new because my air mattress had died so I thought about getting a cot, but they all seemed too expensive or too flimsy.  I didn't want to spent $100 or end up having more difficulties with the sucker than I did with an air mattress.  So I went with another air mattress.  And it was fine.  But I still dreamed about a cot.

This year we're going VIP and I decided that I'm going to get all the little extras that I always wish I had.  First thing on that list was a cot.

I did a lot of comparison shopping and decided on Cabela's Lightening Set Cot.  They were having a sale so I got it for $60 instead of $70, which basically paid for the shipping.


I just tested it out and I am in LOVE!  LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE!

It's super sturdy.  I can sit anywhere on it - one side, the end, the middle.  It's so long that I can fully stretch out with my head not right at the end the way I like and still have inches at the end.  It's so wide that I can curl one leg up the way I like.  I can turn around without it shaking.  No bars sticking into my hip or my shoulder.  The middle doesn't quite line up with my waist, but I wasn't annoyed.  I can totally see myself sleeping very comfortably on this for years to come.  It will be perfect to use as a guest bed.

And it really does set up and go down as easily as a camp chair.  The case is the perfect size so the cot is easy to take out and put back in. 

It might just be the most perfect thing in the world.

No comments: