I never feel the need to bring a lot of food with me. There are some amazing vendors at Bonnaroo and you can get just about any food you can imagine. And it's really good! Food tends to be in the $5-8 range and the portions are often big enough to share - or at least will last you until the next meal time.
Inside Centeroo, you have fried gator, amosas, rootbeer floats, gourmet quesadillas, pizza, sweet potato fries, burritos, arepas, grilled cheese, burgers, jambalaya, BBQ, vegetarian jalapeno corn dogs (better than the meat ones!) - I could go on all day. In the campgrounds, you have vendors that sell coffee, smoothies, pancakes and breakfast burritos in the morning and varied items like fried rice, burritos and pizza the rest of the day.
The one thing I do bring are snacks. Sometimes I'm not in the mood for a real meal (the heat zaps your appetite) or the vendors just seem sooooooo far away. Here's what I like to bring:
* chips- Doritos, Sun Chips, that sort of thing.
* fruit snacks in individual packets are awesome - they always give me a little pick-me-up.
* fresh fruit - yes, please!
* Oranges are the best because you can toss them in the cooler where they'll get all nice and chilly but their skin prevents them from getting waterlogged.
* A bag full of cherries would be fantabulous.
* Bananas turn black really quickly in the heat so I don't recommend them
* watermelon
* Peanut butter & jelly (don't forget knives for spreading!)
* String cheese
Then you also need beverages. Water, water and more water. While I don't particularly mind the well water in Centeroo, it does smell like sulpher. So at camp, I switch to filtered or spring water. I bring it in large containers and freeze before I leave home. Works well to keep everything in my cooler cold.
Beer is also a good thing. I don't like to drink that much in the heat, but one or two a day is really refreshing. Make sure you get cans - glass is not allowed and do you really want to deal with a broken bottle?
But what if you really want to bring bloody mary fixings and your favorite vodka only comes in glass? Don't bother trying to sneak the bottle in with you, just empty out a water or soda bottle (clean if necessary) and fill it up with your liquor. Easy. Done.
Make sure any disposables you bring are also compostable. And really, none of my preferred snacks even need plates. Better for your wallet, better for the environment.
1 comment:
I really like your new blog, very interesting. I follow the Mint Green blog already. Bonaroo sounds amazing!! :) Hope you have fun. Keep us posted!
Post a Comment